Himanshu has been in the profession for over 20 years and is an experienced and highly skilled commercial lawyer, litigator and employment law adviser. He is analytical, methodical and always strives to ensure the best outcome is achieved for his clients.
He has honed his skills to a fine art and his expertise includes commercial legal matters, the resolution of complex disputes, including contractual matters, employment claims, property and trust litigation and inheritance claims, etc.
Himanshu has a reputation for winning cases in an approachable and professional manner. He is regularly instructed by a large number of loyal clients consisting of owner managed businesses, SMEs and Shareholders, Directors and Senior Executives.
He has been successful in a number of notable reported cases including:
- Information Management Consultancy Ltd (in liquidation) v (1) B&Q Plc (2) Richard Cullen (LTL 12/7/2017). Successful in striking out a multi-million pound claim. Our client was also awarded his costs for the entire action.
- The widely reported employment case of Robin Ramphal v Department of Transport, which was settled at the Court of Appeal stage, determined the law on how improper influence by HR in disciplinary proceedings can make a dismissal unfair.
Himanshu is regularly instructed in various high value and complex legal matters; Some examples are as follows:
- Complex partnership dispute involving several properties between three brothers running a family business;
- Multi million pound claim against a top legal 500 firm of solicitors for professional negligence relating to their conduct of a substantial claim for an interest in properties and profit arising from business joint ventures;
- Complicated breach of contract claim involving companies regulated by the Financial Services Authority and their Network;
- Dispute between several shareholders and directors of a company relating to a claim in respect of promises of shares and profit share and bonus;
- Business dispute relating to minority shareholder protection for various individuals relating to their shareholding in companies owning farms, properties, agricultural land, etc;
- For a founding member of a highly profitable LLP and negotiating extremely favourable exit terms for the leaving member;
- Dispute between executors (and beneficiaries) of an estate involving property and claims of breaches of trust and fiduciary duties;
- Very complex and involved legal claim against a property owner facing a claim in excess of £1 million for a serious personal injury caused to a workman on his property (where the insurers had refused to cover);
- Representing a former Managing Director of a company in relation to alleged breaches of fiduciary and statutory duties and post termination restrictions;
- Commercial lease related claim in respect of very substantial cost of dilapidations to the property.
Himanshu regularly represents senior employees, (often at Director level), as well as shareholders and business owners in the range of legal matters that can arise. He is particularly experienced in employment disputes, and issues between partners, shareholders and directors. Himanshu is also regularly instructed by other lawyers, accountants, doctors, dentists, surveyors, etc in their legal matters.
Himanshu acts for numerous businesses (such as financial advisers, care homes, insurance brokers, restaurants, interior designers, property developers, engineering companies, estate agents, etc) assisting them with their many requirements, eg drafting contracts, commercial agreements, dealing with employment claims, and acting in their commercial property matters and civil and commercial disputes.
He has acted in a large number of business disputes and litigation matters, whether internal (ie between partners, shareholders, directors, family members) or with external parties (property claims, insurance matters, executors, beneficiaries, or disputes with third parties).
His ability to balance attention to detail with a no-nonsense approach along with his in-depth knowledge and experience allow him to provide commercially focused, client orientated advice.
If you wish to discuss any legal matter, please contact Himanshu on 020 3795 6043.
Himanshu Batra is one of a kind. He approaches cases with a professor’s zeal to know everything there is to know, a knowledge of people and how best to achieve their objectives, and an artist’s creativity open to new ideas and solutions.
He started this firm to practice law his way – to boil a case down to its winnable components and get stuck in.
Himanshu has been in the profession for almost 20 years and has honed his skills to a fine art. He specialises in people. And their problems. And their solutions. How Himanshu handles a case isn’t the way the crowd does it.
Joanna’s calm and collected approach to any problem coupled with her strength and tenacity when dealing with an opponent are a winning combination. Joanna looks at a problem and finds a solution. Then she makes it happen. She’s good at that.
Joanna’s experience in dispute resolution, be it in a high value commercial dispute or one involving families that requires managing not only the legalities necessary but also the personalities involved, has put her in good stead to handle all types of dispute with expert knowledge and skill.
Offering practical and specialist legal advice whilst still remaining cost effective is something Joanna excels in.
Her ability to focus on the issues that matter whilst never losing sight of the commercial viability of a case, allows Joanna to achieve outstanding results for her clients, usually without the need to go to trial.
Joanna has been practising law for 10 years. She was thrown in at the deep end and she’s been swimming like a champion ever since.
Sharan’s greatest strength has always been her relationship with her clients.
Sharan has acted for a repeat, loyal client base including their families and their friends for over 15 years!
Specialising in resolving problems and pulling positive results out of the bag is what Sharan does best.
Time and again, Sharan has achieved outstanding successes for her clients entirely against the odds much to her clients’ astonishment and delight.
She has successfully fought for her clients’ corner in a variety of different legal cases.
Sharan’s rate of success and level of service is simply exceptional.