The best way to avoid battle, is to prepare for it
Whatever the size of the Company, big personalities are always involved. Shareholder and boardroom disagreements require a strong business yet practical approach. We regularly act for partners, shareholders and directors of small and medium sized businesses.
Knowledge of the law alone is not enough. It is important right from the outset to consider the problem from every angle and to proactively and creatively look for solutions as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
We are experts at persuasion.
We recognise shareholders and director’s disputes involve a thorough understanding of the business, the legal and practical issues, and of course the other side’s view. We can help you with:
- Shareholders disputes including unfair prejudice
- Minority shareholders claims
- Breaches of director’s fiduciary or statutory duties
- Boardroom disputes between directors
- Breaches of shareholders and partnership agreements
- Disputes over profit share or other assets and property
- Director disqualification proceedings
- Sale and purchase of shares
- Just and equitable winding up of companies
- Derivative actions
- Restrictive covenants claims
- Partnership / quasi partnership disputes
- Termination of partnerships
- Disputes involving limited liability partnerships